Of course, one of the most iconic elements of Hocus Pocus is Winifred’s enchanted spell book. Though not always a chocolate-lover when it comes to desserts, the brownie recipe in the Silver Palate Cookbook is enchantingly delicious.
Silver Palate Brownies
1/2 pound (2 sticks) sweet butter
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup shelled walnuts, coarsely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9 x 12 inch baking pan.
2. Melt butter and chocolate in the top part of a double boiler over boiling water. When melted, set aside to cool to room temperature.
3. Meanwhile, beat eggs and sugar until thick and lemon-colored; add vanilla. Fold chocolate mixture into eggs and sugar. Mix thoroughly.
4. Sift flour and fold gently into batter, mixing just until blended. Fold in walnuts.
5. Pour into the prepared pan. Bake for 25 minutes, or until center is just set. Do not overbake.
6. Allow brownies to cool in pan for 30 minutes before cutting into bars.
Makes 28 large brownies.
Dress: Unique Vintage Grey Spiderwebs of Love Knit Flare Dress
Lips: Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick in American Doll
Brows: Anastasia Beverly Hills DIPBROW® Pomade in Dark Brown