In honor of National Grilled Cheese Day (and the return of Game of Thrones!), I decided to melt the ultimate, cheesy-feast this afternoon. Whether on wheat or white bread, spread with butter, mayonnaise, or olive oil -- to me, a perfect grilled cheese sandwich harkens back to that childhood sense of satisfaction only achieved by melted cheese and the various sandwich accoutrements of your choosing!
My sandwiches today incorporated the following ingredients:
- LaBrea Bakery's Country White Bread with Munster Cheese (aka "The Classic")
- Italian wheat bread with Boar's Head Three-Pepper Spicy Colby Jack, Prosciutto, and Roasted Chipotle Jam
- LaBrea Bakery's Country White Bread with Gruyere Cheese, sauteed Mushrooms and chopped Onion
- Italian wheat bread with Avocado and Munster Cheese
- LaBrea Bakery's Country White Bread with Bacon strips and Heirloom Yellow Tomato Slices